Virtual Production: The Tech Revolutionising Hollywood and Bolstering the Boys' Club | (Video)
Virtual production is an emerging field of visual effects that effectively combines film and computer science. It allows filmmakers to combine physical and virtual assets in real-time and has made possible ground-breaking content. As Hollywood becomes more reliant on virtual production, filmmakers will require a basic understanding of computer science and game development to adapt to this new technology. As these are both male-dominated fields, this threatens to widen the already problematic gender divide in the film industry.
- Statistics of gender inequity in film production, computer science and game development
- Introduce virtual production
- Difference between traditional VFX & virtual production
- Different software/methods involved
- Facial motion capture
- Virtual camera
- Building a world environment/lighting a scene
- Where the future of the field is headed
Who is this Webinar perfect for:
- Everyone interested in gender equality in tech
- People who enjoy film or are interested in film production
- People interested in creative applications of new technology
- Companies specialising in game development technology
This content is only available to premium members. Click on "I am a premium member" if you have a premium membership to view the content now or upgrade to unlock 1000+ exclusive videos, webinars, podcasts and many other features.